Technology can be a wonderful thing when it is used for good. The best uses for technology are those that improve our quality of life. Smart phones, for example, allow us to combine multiple devices into one, control some smart home features, and even watch HD video from our security cameras from anywhere. Let’s take a look at 10 great ideas to transform your existing home into a smart home.
- Thermostat – The traditional thermostat controls the temperature in your home. If you want it warmer, you turn it up. If you want it cooler, you turn it down. Today’s thermostats allow you to change the temperature using your smart phone. They even learn your normal daily habits and can keep it cooler through the day when you’re not home and warm things up before you get home after work.
- Outlets – Smart outlets act as a Wi-Fi hub so you can strengthen the Wi-Fi signal throughout your home. What makes them even more impressive is that you can plug an appliance into them and control that appliance with your smart phone using an app.
- Security Cameras – CCTV cameras are available in a wide variety of shapes, sizes, and features. They allow you to see who is at the door before you answer and even keep an eye on things while you’re on vacation via your smart phone or tablet.
- Smoke Alarms – A smoke detector is required in every home. Check out local building codes for specific numbers and locations where they are required. Smart smoke detectors monitor more than just smoke; they monitor the air quality, track dust and other dangers, and serve as a carbon monoxide detector to boot.
- Automatic Doors – Automatic doors are an amazing help for people who grill out a lot or have mobility issues that prevent them from safely or easily opening and closing doors. The Autoslide Smart Home System can be installed on exterior doors and interior doors alike. They work with pocket doors and most types of sliding doors.
- Door Locks – Automatic door locks are a wonderful idea where automatic sliding doors are concerned. You don’t want just anyone to be able to access the door at any time. The Autoslide iLock system works in normal mode or in pet mode to enhance security after your pet goes out and reenters the home.
- Lighting – Smart LED lights connect to your Wi-Fi system and allow you to control them using your smart phone or tablet.
- Home Network Solutions – A home network is absolutely needed in today’s homes. We all have gadgets and electronics that use the internet in some way. Your home network can open up an entirely new world of connectivity for your home.
- Garage Doors – Automatic garage doors are not a new concept, but they do need to be mentioned in this list simply because some of today’s newer controllers allow you to open and close the garage door using your smart phone or tablet.
- Sprinklers – The smart sprinkler systems on the market today allow you to use your smart phone or tablet to turn the sprinklers up, or to conserve water at the touch of a button.
Advances in home technology make it possible for us to know everything that is going on in or around our home at all times and control our comfort and safety from our smart phone. Our specialty here at Autoslide of America is automatic sliding doors and windows. We sell and install Autoslide Automatic Door Systems and automatic locking door products.
Some of our most popular products include the Autoslide system itself and the Autoslide pet doors. Check out our holiday sales for great deals on products like the Autoslide Home Mobility Kit or the Autoslide Automatic Patio Door Starter Kit. Call us at 813-885-DOOR or chat with us online at your convenience.