The Best Pet Door Doesn't Include a Hole in Your Wall
Choosing a pet door can be tricky. You will need to make sure that the one you choose is the safest one for you and your pet. Your best option is to choose one that will last a very long time. Pet doors don’t have the best reputation for being easy to install or safe for your home, family, or pets. Until now.
The Autoslide automatic pet door system is a wonderful addition to any home. There are three different pet door options, allowing you to choose based upon you and your pet's needs. Be sure to take a look at the iLock feature that allows the Autoslide to automatically lock and unlock your door. Great for those times you want your pet to go in and out while you're not home.
Here are 5 tips for choosing the best pet door for your home:
- One of the better options for a pet door is an Autoslide enabled pet door. This door will open automatically for your pet, so you will not have to let them in and out continuously throughout the day. These doors will keep all types of weather conditions from entering the house too.
- If you decide to choose a manual pet door, you will want one with a flap that will continuously close securely, so that the wind does not blow rain or snow into the house. However, be aware that air will escape out of the house and enter the house and may have an adverse effect on your energy costs.
- Another option is to replace a piece of your sliding glass with another piece of glass with a pet door in the bottom. This would allow you to continue using your door normally but can be very pricey, especially for doors with impact glass or thermal glass.
- Price can be a determining factor when you are choosing a pet door. However, you need to make sure that you at least purchase a pet door that is comfortable and easy to use.
- Choosing the right size pet door is extremely important because a pet can get hurt if they attempt to go through a door that is too small for them. Make sure you take measurements before you install a pet door.
Both you and your pet will be very happy once you have the perfect pet door installed. The door will make it easier for your pet to go outside anytime they want to and you won’t have to worry about them having an accident because they were waiting for you. Contact Autoslide if you would like to discuss the automatic pet door systems in greater detail. You may reach us at 833-337-5433 or stop by your local authorized Autoslide dealer.